Ride farther and faster in greater comfort.
One of the benefits of choosing to shop at a Culture of Speed is the bike fit service we offer. Whether you’re a new rider or a seasoned professional, having a poor fit can negatively impact the quality and enjoyment of your ride. Proper fit on the bike is important because it maximizes your power, comfort and efficiency.
Bike Fit Process
- Pre-Fit Interview—Every fit- whether it’s for a novice or experienced cyclist- starts with a brief interview between a trained technician and rider that addresses the individual’s injury history, needs and goals.
- Flexibility Assignment—This evaluation gains an accurate picture of the individual’s flexibility and other physical attributes, including assessment of foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, shoulder extension, hip flexion and leg length, among others.
- Side View—Assessed using the side view of the rider, the goal is to deliver a correct neutral position that’s both powerful and comfortable through adjustments to seat height, handlebar height, stem length and cleat position.
- Front View—Analysis from frontal view to optimize hip, knee and foot alignment for greater performance and balanced power delivery. includes analysis of pedal and shoe placement and squareness on the saddle.
- Follow Up—After a week or so, the technician calls to discuss the effectiveness of the adjustments and to answer any other questions or concerns the rider may have.